Top Ten Measure 4: Bioclimatic Design
Sustainable design conserves resources and maximizes comfort through design adaptations to site-specific and regional climate conditions. Describe how the building responds to local climate, sun path, prevailing breezes, and seasonal and daily cycles through passive design strategies.
- Site and climatic analysis
- Description of internal versus external building loads
- Design strategies that reduce or eliminate the need for non-renewable energy resources
- How these strategies specifically shaped the building plan, section, and massing
- How these strategies specifically affected placement, orientation, and shading of the building